The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    University of Houston
  Nov 25, 2017
2016-2017 Graduate Catalog [Not Current Academic Year. Consult with Your Academic Advisor for Your Catalog Year]

Graduate Academic Policies: Cullen College of Engineering

Transfer Credit  
Credit Level Changes  

University Academic Regulations and Degree Requirements         

Students must satisfy all the university academic regulations and degree requirements. See the Policies and Planning the Graduate Program sections of the Graduate Catalog.

Transfer Credit

The Cullen College of Engineering only allows a maximum of six credit hours of graduate transfer credit (with a grade of A or B) toward a Master’s or PhD degree, upon approval of your departmental Graduate Advisor and the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Research of the College.  For further transfer credit guidelines, visit the Transferred Courses section of the Graduate Catalog. 

Credit Level Changes

  • A graduate student may apply up to six semester credit hours taken as a post baccalaureate (PB) student toward a Master’s degree with departmental and college approval.  No course applied to complete the requirements for a prior degree can be used to satisfy the requirements for a later degree.  A written request to change credit-level must be submitted through the departmental Graduate Advisor to the departmental Graduate Admissions Assistant for approval within one year after receiving notice of acceptance into the graduate program.
  • Courses taken by a PB student who does not qualify for admission to graduate school because of a deficient GPA cannot be transferred to graduate credit after the PB student has been admitted to a graduate program.