You are a transfer student if you:
- are a student who earned 15 or more transferable hours of college credit after high school graduation (during fall/spring semesters) and
- are not a former UH undergraduate student and
- are a U.S. citizen, have applied for permanent residency, or qualify for Texas residency based on Senate Bill 528
You are an international transfer student if you:
- are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or
- are not graduating from a Texas high school after three years in residence in Texas (please review Senate Bill 1528) and
- have graduated from high-school or equivalent and
- have enrolled in a post-secondary institution, and has earned college credit after high school/secondary school graduation (during fall/spring semesters)
How to Apply
Transferable courses are college-level courses from regionally accredited colleges and universities. In order to determine admissibility, the Office of Admissions will calculate your cumulative GPA for all transferable college-level courses from all schools attended. For repeated courses, grades from all course attempts will be used for calculation of cumulative GPA. The cumulative GPA is for admission purposes only and will not transfer to your UH GPA.
||Hours of College-Level Credit Earned
||Minimum Required Cumulative GPA
||Must meet freshman admission criteria
||15 or more
||15 or more
*If you don’t meet the assured admissions requirements, we may consider additional factors in the admissions process. If we require additional documentation, we’ll request those materials from you.
Alternative Grading Basis for Transfer Credit:
The University of Houston will accept and award college-level credit from regionally-accredited institutions that provide grades of S (Satisfactory) or P (Pass) during semesters impacted by COVID-19. Hours earned from S or P grades will be counted towards transfer hours, but will not be factored in the calculation of your cumulative transfer GPA and will not factor into your GPA at UH. Hours Earned from F grades will count towards the calculation of your cumulative transfer GPA.
Advanced Placement (AP) Exams
The University of Houston will continue to follow our standard practices on awarding AP test scores and will accept scores taken by the online exam format through College Board due to COVID-19.
Majors with additional requirements
Some majors have additional requirements on top of the ones listed above. Majors with additional requirements are indicated with a +.
For more information, visit www.uh.edu/transfer-major-ar.
Visit the Deadlines page for a listing of when the admissions application and supporting materials are due.