Sep 22, 2018
C.T. Bauer College of Business > Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship > Marketing, B.B.A.
Courses in marketing (MARK) focus on various topics in the marketing of goods and services. Topics include how to conduct market research, how to understand buyer behavior, how to use customer databases, how to sell, how to manage selling operations, how to market in an international context, and how to formulate marketing strategies.
A marketing major is appropriate for students who plan careers in selling, sales management, retailing, or marketing staff functions such as advertising, market research, and general marketing management.
General B.B.A. Requirements
In order to earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree, students must complete credit hour requirements:
- UH Core Courses & College Requirements,
- Pre-Business courses,
- STAT 3331 Statistical Analysis for Business Applications
- Additional UH Core Courses
- Advanced-Level Business Requirements (required for all business majors),
- Additional Elective Requirements
- Major Coursework Requirements
along with noncredit requirements:
- Assenting to the Bauer Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, and
- A business writing evaluation (BWE), administered through GENB 3302 (formerly GENB 2301); student who score below a minimum of 2 on the BWE are required to complete and clear a business writing tutorial (BWT) administered through the UH Writing Center. Clearing the BWE or BWT is required to file a degree plan.
Credit Hour Requirements
Students seeking the Bachelor of Business Administration degree must complete freshman-sophomore core and pre-business requirements, upper-level business core and required courses, major requirements, satisfy the business writing evaluation (BWE), or students with scores below 2 on the BWE, clear the alternative business writing tutorial (BWT).
The total hours required for a Bachelor of Business Administration degree are summarized below. Students in the Bauer Business Honors Program have additional requirements as specified under the description of the Bauer Business Honors Program.
Students pursuing the Global Energy Management Professional Program (GEM-PP) track in Finance have specialized degree requirements listed under the GEM-PP track for a major in finance. Other specialty programs, such as the Professional Program in Accounting, the Entrepreneurship Program, and the Program for Excellence in Selling, may have additional admission and program requirements as specified by the program.
B.B.A. requirements also listed as approved UH core courses may fulfill both requirements, but students must have a minimum of 120 credit hours to earn the B.B.A.
Specific course requirements in each category are discussed in the following sections:
UH Core Courses & College Requirements
12 Credit Hours
21 Credit Hours
Courses require completion with a grade of “C” or higher.
Statistics 3331 - Statistical Analysis for Business Applications
3 Credit Hours
Additional UH Core Courses
24 Credit Hours
Advanced-Level Business Required Courses
24 Credit Hours
This section is required for all business majors.