Jun 18, 2018
C.T. Bauer College of Business > Real Estate (Finance), Certificate
The Real Estate Certificate represents a specialty within the UH Bauer MBA and MS Finance graduate degree programs.
The overall goal of the “Practice Based” Graduate Real Estate Program is to provide students with an education such that upon graduation they have the skills, knowledge, and practical experience to be effective in their careers from their initial employment.
In support of this goal, the real estate academic program offers a curriculum of courses structured pursuant to the following objectives:
- Comprehensive education in the fundamentals of real estate. (Real estate essentials, law, finance, market analysis and development of a real estate project)
- Opportunities for intensive learning in the major real estate industry sectors, commercial, industrial, residential and institutional/corporate, and professions. (Multi-family residential, residential community development and homebuilding and construction management)
- Extensive exposure to the practice of professional real estate and opportunities to become a member of the real estate community. (Professional development through Internship course, Real Estate Center research seminar, opportunity to participate in case study competitions and a professional capstone course)
You must be a current Bauer graduate (MBA or MS Finance) student to enroll in any of our certificate programs.
The coursework for the Real Estate Certificate Program is varied, based on the curriculum being followed for MBA or MS Finance degree programs.
Please visit http://www.bauer.uh.edu/real-estate/certificate/ for more information on required Core Courses and Elective Real Estate courses for each degree program.
Curriculum - MBA Track
Credit hours required for certificate: 18.0
Curriculum - MSF Track
Credit hours required for certificate: 12.0
Elective Course Options:
- FINA 7397 - Selected Topics in Finance Credit Hours: 3.0
- Real Estate Law
- Real Estate Market Analysis and Project Feasibility
- Real Estate Center Seminar
- Residential Comm. Dev. & Homebuilding
- Real Estate Income Property Financial Analysis