Apr 22, 2018
C.T. Bauer College of Business > Management Information Systems, MS
The Master of Science in Management Information Systems Program is targeted to helping address the Bureau of Labor Statistics need for professionals trained in areas such as database administration, network and computer system administration, software development, information security analysis, web development, and computer and information systems management. The program consists of required courses in systems analysis and design, object-oriented programming, database management systems, project management, client server technology and the administration of MIS. Electives are offered in a wide array of areas such as open source systems, cloud and collaboration, user experience essentials IT auditing, network security and infrastructure, predictive analysis, spreadsheet analyst, business intelligence, and enterprise operations. The program is designed for people who wish to continue their professional employment role while in the program (i.e., the program is not designed for full-time students).
Requirements To Apply
Students interested in applying for the Master of Science in Management Information Systems Program must submit an application package that includes:
- Completion of the Online Application,
- Transcripts from all institutions attended,
- Score(s) on the GMAT, and
- A personal resume, goal statement, and letters of recommendation.
Two (2) official, sealed transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. Two copies of each international transcript are required: one in the original language and the other an official English translation of the transcript.
The GMAT test will be accepted if taken within the last five years. If taken more than five years ago, the test must be taken again.
International applicants must submit a test of English language proficiency unless they have earned a high school diploma or bachelor’s degree or a higher from a college or university in the US. One of the following tests may be submitted to meet this requirement. Please note that scores over 2 years will not be accepted.
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score above 603 on the paper-based test or 100 on the internet-based test. The University code for TOEFL scores is 6870. For more information, please visit www.toefl.org.
- Official IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score above 6.5. For more information, please visit www.ielts.org.
Resume, Goal Statement, Letters of Recommendation
The following documents must be submitted as part of the application package:
- Professional Resume or curriculum vitae. It is recommended that students have a minimum of two years of professional work experience in the information technology field before applying to the master’s program.
- Goal Statement Letter which specifies what the applicant expects to accomplish by completing this program and how it is related to his or her long term professional objectives is required.
- Two letters of recommendation from academics, employers or professionals are required for your application.
Program of Study for M.S. in Management Information Systems
The program requires a total of 36 graduate hours (18 hours of required courses and 18 hours of elective courses).
Subject to approved waivers or substitutions based on prior or equivalent coursework, students are required to take the following courses:
Students are required to take at least 18 hour of graduate electives (a maximum of 6 hours may be waived without substitution with prior coursework). Other courses may be used as electives with the approval of __________________________