Jul 18, 2018
C.T. Bauer College of Business > Department of Finance > Finance, B.B.A. - Real Estate Track and Certificate
Finance majors interested in course work related to careers in real estate may pursue a Real Estate Track in Finance and receive a Real Estate Certificate by meeting the following requirements within the Finance Major. Admission to the track requires junior or senior standing, completion of FINA 4330 Corporate Finance with a grade of B or higher, completion of or current enrollment in FINA 4380 Real Estate Financial Analysis, a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average, participation in a Real Estate orientation, assent to a professional code of conduct, and approval by department chair or program director. To remain in the track, students must maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average. Courses for the track are designated with an asterisk (*). To earn the certificate, students must complete 15 credits of courses designated with an asterisk (*) and complete all requirements for the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree with a major in Finance.
Required Finance Courses (18 Credit Hours)
Additional Elective Credit Hours
- General Electives Credit Hours: 6.0 (any 1000-4000 level course)
- Advanced Electives Credit Hours: 6.0 (any 3000-4000 level course)
- Approved Advanced Business Electives Credit Hours: 6.0 (3000-4000 level business course)
Elective Real Estate Courses
Consult Finance Advisor for recommended approved advanced business electives, including:
General B.B.A. Requirements
In order to earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree, students must complete credit hour requirements:
- UH Core Courses & College Requirements,
- Pre-Business courses,
- STAT 3331 Statistical Analysis for Business Applications
- Additional UH Core Courses
- Advanced-Level Business Requirements (required for all business majors),
- Additional Elective Requirements
- Major Coursework Requirements
along with noncredit requirements:
- Assenting to the Bauer Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, and
- A passing score on an Excel Competency Exam as a prerequisite for STAT 3331 and filing a degree plan, and
- A business writing evaluation (BWE), administered through GENB 3302. Clearing the BWE is required to file a degree plan.
Credit Hour Requirements
Students seeking the Bachelor of Business Administration degree must complete freshman-sophomore core and pre-business requirements, upper-level business core and required courses, major requirements, pass an Excel Competency Exam, and clear the business writing evaluation (BWE).
The total hours required for a Bachelor of Business Administration degree are summarized below. Students in the Bauer Business Honors Program have additional requirements as specified under the description of the Bauer Business Honors Program.
Students pursuing the Global Energy Management Professional Program (GEM-PP) track in Finance have specialized degree requirements listed under the GEM-PP track for a major in finance. Other specialty programs, such as the Professional Program in Accounting, the Entrepreneurship Program, and the Program for Excellence in Selling, may have additional admission and program requirements as specified by the program.
B.B.A. requirements also listed as approved UH core courses may fulfill both requirements, but students must have a minimum of 120 credit hours to earn the B.B.A.
Specific course requirements in each category are discussed in the following sections:
UH Core Courses & College Requirements
12 Credit Hours
21 Credit Hours
Courses require completion with a grade of “C” or higher.
Statistics 3331 - Statistical Analysis for Business Applications
3 Credit Hours
Additional UH Core Courses
24 Credit Hours
Advanced-Level Business Required Courses
24 Credit Hours
This section is required for all business majors.