Jul 17, 2018
C.T. Bauer College of Business > Department of Management > Management, B.B.A.
Business majors must meet the business, nonbusiness, and elective requirements for a baccalaureate degree as well as the following for a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in management:
- Select 18 credit hours from any 4000-level management electives.
- Select six credit hours of approved advanced electives in business.
- Select six credit hours of advanced electives (any 3000-4000 level course)
- Select six credit hours of general electives (any 1000-4000 level course)
Management majors may pursue a track in leadership or in human resource management.
General B.B.A. Requirements
In order to earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree, students must complete credit hour requirements:
- UH Core Courses & College Requirements,
- Pre-Business courses,
- STAT 3331 Statistical Analysis for Business Applications
- Additional UH Core Courses
- Advanced-Level Business Requirements (required for all business majors),
- Additional Elective Requirements
- Major Coursework Requirements
along with noncredit requirements:
- Assenting to the Bauer Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, and
- A passing score on an Excel Competency Exam as a prerequisite for STAT 3331 and filing a degree plan, and
- A business writing evaluation (BWE), administered through GENB 3302. Clearing the BWE is required to file a degree plan.
Credit Hour Requirements
Students seeking the Bachelor of Business Administration degree must complete freshman-sophomore core and pre-business requirements, upper-level business core and required courses, major requirements, pass an Excel Competency Exam, and clear the business writing evaluation (BWE).
The total hours required for a Bachelor of Business Administration degree are summarized below. Students in the Bauer Business Honors Program have additional requirements as specified under the description of the Bauer Business Honors Program.
Students pursuing the Global Energy Management Professional Program (GEM-PP) track in Finance have specialized degree requirements listed under the GEM-PP track for a major in finance. Other specialty programs, such as the Professional Program in Accounting, the Entrepreneurship Program, and the Program for Excellence in Selling, may have additional admission and program requirements as specified by the program.
B.B.A. requirements also listed as approved UH core courses may fulfill both requirements, but students must have a minimum of 120 credit hours to earn the B.B.A.
Specific course requirements in each category are discussed in the following sections:
UH Core Courses & College Requirements
12 Credit Hours
21 Credit Hours
Courses require completion with a grade of “C” or higher.
Statistics 3331 - Statistical Analysis for Business Applications
3 Credit Hours
Additional UH Core Courses
24 Credit Hours
Advanced-Level Business Required Courses
24 Credit Hours
This section is required for all business majors.