Jun 15, 2024  
2019-2020 Graduate Catalog 
2019-2020 Graduate Catalog [Not Current Academic Year. Consult with Your Academic Advisor for Your Catalog Year]

Grievance Policy: Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management

Colleges  > Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management  > Grievance Policy

The Conrad N. Hilton College is committed to resolving legitimate grievances concerning violation of university, college, and/or department academic policies or procedures in a fair and orderly manner. The Conrad N. Hilton College follows the grievance policy set forth by the University, published in the graduate catalog.

The following university-wide policy and procedure, for graduate, professional, and post-baccalaureate (PB) students, applies to the redress of grievances concerning academic and instructional matters and other issues for which there are no other existing grievance procedures.

Every effort shall be made by the graduate/professional/PB student and the members involved to settle their differences amicably and informally to redress grievance. If appropriate or necessary, the Associate Dean shall participate in this informal effort to resolve the grievance.

In the event that an informal resolution is not possible, the graduate/professional/PB student may petition the Associate Dean by filing a formal written complaint within ten (10) working days after the decision is mutually made that the grievance cannot be settled informally. The letter should provide details regarding the complaint and redress sought. After receipt of the letter, the Associate Dean or Dean must respond in writing within ten (10) working days, and set up a meeting between the student(s) and faculty member(s) involved. At the conclusion of the meeting, the Associate Dean or Dean will then render a decision within ten (10) working days. The response must include an explanation for his/her decision.

In the event that either the grievant or the respondent is unsatisfied with the outcome of the college-level process, that party may file an appeal seeking university-level review by the Graduate and Professional Studies Grievance Committee (GPSGC) which is under the purview of the Associate Vice President of Graduate and Professional Studies. Please see the University of Houston Grievance Policy and Procedure for Graduate, Professional, and Post-baccalaureate Students in the Graduate Catalog for specific instructions regarding this process.