Nov 30, 2023
Cullen College of Engineering > Department of Mechanical Engineering > Space Architecture, MS
The Sasakawa International Center for Space Architecture (SICSA) is a research and design organization within the University of Houston. SICSA brings more than 30 years of internationally recognized experience in habitat research, planning and design for space and extreme terrestrial environments. Such settings share many urgent problems and issues. They typically impose logistic transport challenges for people, equipment and supplies; present severe facility construction and operational constraints; demand careful attention to habitability, performance and safety under isolated, confined conditions; and heavily rely upon all practical means to optimize energy-efficient, ecologically-responsible strategies. Terrestrial planning applications include remote oil and gas exploration/production camps; emergency natural disaster response operations and shelters; and rapid military troop deployment accommodations for harsh, undeveloped locales.
Please visit the Sasakawa International Center for Space Architecture website for more information.
- Online Graduate Application
- 1 official transcript should be mailed to:
University of Houston Graduate School (Click here for more information)
- 1 scan of official transcript (uploaded)
- resume (uploaded)
- Officially reported GRE scores taken in the last five years (University code is 6870)
- 3 References with email addresses must be listed on the online application. Not listing references will delay your application.
- Essay (uploaded)
- Application fee (cannot be waived) must be paid by credit card thru ApplyWeb website [$25 domestic applicants/$75 international applicants]
- Additional documentation required for international applicants, including English language proficiency requirements, can be found on the Graduate International Student web page.
For further information on how to apply, please review the How to Apply to UH Graduate School web page.
Please visit the SICSA Admissions page for application deadlines.
Credit hours required for this degree: 30.0
Course of Study: Students must have a minimum of 30 credit hours of approved study that include the following courses. All Master students have to submit his/her Master project draft proposal after the first semester of their study.
Full-Time Graduate Student
Part-time Curriculum for Professionals
Each student assumes responsibility for being familiar with the academic program requirements as stated in the current catalogs of the college and university and this website.
Transfer of Credits
A student may transfer up to 6 hours (2 courses) of graduate-level work completed elsewhere the approval of the Director of Graduate Studies. The student will need to file a general petition within one semester after admission to graduate program.
College Academic Policies
University of Houston Academic Policies