Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management > Hospitality Administration, PhD
The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management at the University of Houston offers a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree program in Hospitality Administration that is designed to prepare students for the role of hospitality researchers and/or professors at a research oriented university or organization. The program provides a theoretical (conceptual) foundation, practical knowledge, research development, and critical thinking skills for hospitality administration.
The Hospitality Administration PhD explores most food and beverage (e.g., catering), club (e.g., private clubs), convention and event planning, airline food and beverage service, cruise ship management, and all other tourism/hospitality disciplines. The topics include finance, marketing, accounting, human resources, service, and general management in relation to the hospitality industry.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) objectives are:
- To develop teaching skills for both undergraduate and graduate levels
- To disseminate information about the hospitality industry
- To develop theory and add knowledge to the field
- To identify problems through analysis
- To identify solutions from competing alternatives through quantitative and qualitative metrics
- To effectively communicate research outcomes
- To develop grantsmanship capabilities
For more information, please visit http://www.uh.edu/hilton-college/students/future-students/graduate-admissions/phd-hospitality-administration/.