Jul 21, 2024  
2021-2022 Graduate Catalog 
2021-2022 Graduate Catalog [Not Current Academic Year. Consult with Your Academic Advisor for Your Catalog Year]

Accelerated BBA/Master of Public Policy

Colleges   > Hobby School of Public Affairs  > Accelerated BBA/Master of Public Policy

Accelerated pathway dual degree programs provide academically outstanding students an accelerated pathway to complete an undergraduate and a master’s degree in a reduced period of time. Accelerated pathway programs provide undergraduate students permission to take a specified number of master’s level courses as electives toward completion of their bachelor’s degree. The students then apply to the graduate degree program, and if accepted, the previously completed graduate coursework during the senior year is counted as transfer credit toward the completion of the master’s degree. 

Admission Requirements

Students wishing to apply for the Bachelor of Business Administration/Master of Public Policy accelerated pathway program must complete an application to enter the program no later than the beginning of their final year of undergraduate study. 

Applications are available on the advising website (www.bauer.uh.edu/undergraduate/advising) for Undergraduate Business Programs in the C.T. Bauer College of Business. To enter the program, a student must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 at the end of 90 semester credit hours. However, students who have a grade point average lower than 3.0 may be considered at the discretion of the Hobby School MPP Admissions Committee.

Degree Requirements

If admitted to the accelerated pathway program, the student may take up to 12 credit hours of graduate courses during their senior year to count toward advanced business electives, advanced electives, and/or general elective requirements for majors in accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, management, management information systems, and marketing. Consult the accelerated pathway for the supply chain management major for how the graduate courses count toward that degree.  (See list of courses below.)  These courses will count as upper-level elective credits toward the bachelor’s degree.  The student should then complete the full graduate school application to the master’s degree program during their senior year.  If they are admitted to the master’s program, the student will receive transfer credit for the graduate-level work taken during the senior year and will have the remainder of the 39 credit hours left to complete the master’s degree.

Graduate Level Courses Approved for the Accelerated Pathway Program

12.0 Credit Hours


It is important to note that students who are admitted to the accelerated pathway program are not automatically admitted to the master’s degree program.  They must complete all requirements of the graduate school application and must be formally admitted to the master’s degree program following their final undergraduate year.