Mar 04, 2024
C.T. Bauer College of Business > Department of Finance > Financial Services Management Certificate
The program exists to serve:
- Houston Financial Community: Local program whose graduates have experience with the valuation and portfolio management skills commonly used in financial services.
- Students: Rigorous year-long program integrating theory and practice that leads to a well-defined graduate credential. Complement to MBA or M.S. Finance degrees.
Elements of the Program
- The focus is on Finance and related disciplines as they apply to investment management, banking, venture finance and financial consulting.
- Students work in 4 teams as professional staff of a financial services company throughout the entire experience: Cougar Investment Fund, L.L.C., a private investment company.
- Small, select group of students return as “senior managers” and are responsible for leading teams and achieving overall objectives.
Individuals employed or who wish to be marketable as
- Securities/Banking/Insurance Managers: Business valuation, risk-management and fund accounting techniques used in Brokerage, Mutual Funds, Trust Management, Commercial Lending, Investment Banking and Insurance.
- Corporate Financial Managers: Understanding how financial markets assess the value of management decisions.
For additional information regarding the certificate program, please visit Bauer Graduate Certificates.
You must be a current Bauer graduate student to enroll in this certificate program. An application must be submitted for admission into this certificate. A student will be notified upon acceptance into the certificate program.
Credit hours required for the certificate: 15.0