Mar 04, 2024
C.T. Bauer College of Business > Department of Decision & Information Sciences > Management and Leadership, MS
The Online Master of Science in Management and Leadership (MS-M&L) will improve the marketability of undergraduates who have earned degrees in the humanities, fine arts, and social sciences by providing them with fundamental knowledge of business and management skills. Its purpose is to facilitate these graduates’ searches for entry-level positions in organizations across a wide variety of disciplines and industry types. It is conceptualized as a graduate “bridge” degree between non-business undergraduate degrees and advanced business degrees such as the MBA.
For more information, please visit the Master of Science in Management and Leadership program page: https://www.bauer.uh.edu/graduate-studies/prospective-students/ms-management-leadership/.
- Admission eligibility for the Online MS-M&L program requires a four-year undergraduate degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited institution. The undergraduate degree may be in any discipline. Online Application
- Online Application
- Submit an application through Applyweb.
- The cost to apply for all MBA programs and Specialized Masters programs is $0 through January 3, 2019. All application fees are waived through January 3, 2019.
- We value the extraordinary talents, experiences, and diversity that veterans bring to the Bauer Specialized Master’s program. In recognition of your service, Bauer College of Business commits to waiving the application fee. Please contact us in order to receive your unique, one-time use waiver code: https://www.bauer.uh.edu/graduate-studies/prospective-students/military/.
- The online application will include questions on the following topics:
- Personal Information
- Program of Choice
- Academic History
- Test Information (GRE, GMAT, Test of English Language Proficiency)
- Resume/Goal Statement
- Benefits & Financial Aid
- Emergency Contact Information
- Letter of Recommendation
- Texas Residency Questionnaire
- Disclaimer: Subject to change without notice. Please contact your Admissions Representative if you have specific questions about the application.
- Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Scanned copies of official transcripts may be uploaded as PDF files to your online application. If admitted, however, you will not be able to enroll without the official transcript(s) showing your undergraduate degree conferral on file.
- Official transcript(s) should be sent to:
- Regular Mail:
University of Houston
P.O. Box 3947
Houston, TX 77253-3947
- Express Mail:
University of Houston
4302 University Dr. Rm 102
Houston, TX 77204-2012
- Electronic or “Speede” Transcript:
- Within the U.S., the fastest way to send your transcript is electronically. Please inquire at your previous institution about this option. Electronic transcripts can be delivered via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Test Scores
- Scanned official copies or self-reported scores must be included in your online application. GMAT and GRE test scores are valid for five years after the test date. Scores must be valid at the time of application submission.
- The University of Houston Graduate School is pleased to offer a GRE/GMAT Waiver program for UH main campus undergraduate students. To qualify, students must have graduated from the University of Houston main campus within 3 years preceding the term for which they are applying. Students must also meet the minimum undergraduate GPA for the degree program to which they are applying. Please visit the GRE/GMAT Waiver website for more information: http://www.uh.edu/graduate-school/admissions/gre-gmat-waiver/.
- Please upload a copy of your most recent resume, highlighting your professional and academic experiences, as well as recognizable accomplishments to your online application.
- Goal Statement
- In one to two pages, discuss what motivates you, how your personal and professional experience has shaped you, and how you will maximize the specialized Master’s degree to reach your future goals.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Two letters of recommendation are required. These recommendations are gathered electronically through the online application system. You will be required to enter an email address for your recommender which will allow an online form to automatically be sent to your recommender.
Credit hours required for this degree: 30.0
The Master of Science in Management and Leadership requires 30.0 total graduate credit hours, consisting of 18.0 credit hours from core skills courses, and 12.0 credit hours of elective courses.
All required coursework (core, advanced, and elective courses) for completion of the degree will be offered in an online format. Under certain circumstances and with the approval of the program director, face-to-face classes may be used to fulfill the practical and/or elective requirements.
Required Core Skills Courses
Students are required to take the following core skills courses:
Students in the proposed program are required to take 12 hours of elective courses in management from the courses listed below. Other courses may be used as electives with the approval of the Program Director.
There are no waivers of core skills or required advanced course hours.
Students who lack fundamental skills in statistics and research methods will be strongly encouraged to utilize at least 3 of their available elective hours completing a statistics-related course (e.g., BZAN 6310)
All required coursework (core, advanced, and elective classes) for completion of the degree will be offered in an online format. Under certain circumstances and with the approval of the program director, face-to-face classes may be used to fulfill the practical and/or elective requirements.
Unless students petition for a leave of absence, they must maintain continuous enrollment during the program. Students who are out of the program for more than one calendar year will be under the jurisdiction of the catalog in effect at the time of reentry.
Students who fail to maintain continuous enrollment for more than two calendar years must reapply for admission to the program and must meet admission requirements in effect at that time.
Effective Semester of Admission
Admission to the program is only granted for a specified semester, which marks the effective semester of admission. Enrollment postponement to a later semester is not available.