Apr 24, 2024  
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog 
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog

Visiting Students

Undergraduate Admissions  > Other Admission Considerations > Visiting Students

A Visiting Student (sometimes referred to as a Transient Student) can take undergraduate courses at the University of Houston, but is not seeking a degree. Students are getting a jumping start on their college coursework, are applying credit toward a degree at another institution, or may have already completed a Bachelor’s Degree and are taking pre-requisite courses as a Post-Baccalaureate student.

Admission as a Visiting Student is granted to:

  • undergraduate students who are in good standing at their current or most recently attended college or university, OR
  • high school graduates who have not earned college credit post-high school graduation, and have a minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of a 3.5

Visiting students are not eligible for Financial Aid

How to Apply

Visit the How to Apply  page for step-by-step instructions.


Visit the Deadlines page for a listing of when the admissions application and supporting materials are due.

Visiting to Degree Seeking

Once admitted as a visiting student, no application is necessary for enrollment in future term sessions. Enrollment as a degree-seeking student requires the following steps:

  1. requires a visiting student to complete the Degree-Seeking Status Change Request Form,
  2. meet transfer admission requirements of the University of Houston (and their intended major), and
  3. submit all transcripts from previous colleges and universities.

Admitted students will be required to go through New Student Orientation.

The degree-seeking request form must be submitted by the following deadlines on the following form: